ASHRAE 90.1 Baseline automation from validated models

Hi @mostapha, I wanted to ask you guys a question. Is there anyway that we can run this .gem that automates the ASHRAE 90.1 Baseline model modification through pollination? I tried it by adding the measure but it still insists that the building type is a medium office although I chose LargeOffice.
here is the .gem (openstudio-standards | RubyGems.org | your community gem host)

Hi, @moelsayed - I assigned the topic to @chriswmackey so he can provide a better answer but as far as I understand this is a question for the OpenStudio measure itself and not Pollination. Does the measure work as expected if you run it outside Pollination?

Hi @mostapha so the measure works well in the Openstudio. somehow when I load it in the pollination measures it won’t work as expected. the choices are not loaded. I’m just saying this cause imagine with the perfect workflow already in Pollination and your recipes, we can hook this measure within pollination and get a baseline model modification automated. That would be super super helpful and neat!

Hi @moelsayed, Thank you for the clarification.

This sounds like a bug or a limitation to me. @chriswmackey should be able to clarify when he gets a chance.

Hey @moelsayed ,

Sorry for the late response. I am working on a pollination recipe that builds the Appendix G baseline model using many of the openstudio-standards gem methods and simulates it to tell you things like the LEED points of your design. It will be at least another week or so before it’s available but this may eventually be a good option for you.

In the meantime, if you have gotten the measure to run the way you like it in the OpenStudio Application, then you should be able to get it to run in the exact same way from the Grasshopper/Pollination plugin using the HB Load MEasure component. Can you give the link to the measure you are trying to run (either on the BCL or the NREL GitHub)?

I know that NREL packed way more into the “create PRM building” measures than is really for a lot of cases and you usually have to turn off a bunch of settings that aren’t relevant for most models.

@chriswmackey That sounds awesome! can’t wait for that recipe… here is the measure, and it won’t still run or function until you change some things manually in the file in Openstudio. I haven’t been able to do the changes manually then apply the recipe using pollination.
The link: https://bcl.nrel.gov/api/download?uids=4de56e21-b6cd-45d9-8466-862507d228b2
The video on what needs to be changed in the OSM file: Baseline Model Automation - YouTube
Please note that I tried to use @mostapha 's recipe on pollination to be able to run an osm file with a measure because typically if you wanna use pollination there is no option to load the file from a .OSM link with the measures.

Hi, @moelsayed - both of the energy simulation recipes accept IDF, OSM, and HBJSON files as inputs.

@chriswmackey, it looks like we have never updated the description for the model alias input in Grasshopper. That might be the source of the confusion. Here are the screenshots from the Pollination website vs the Grasshopper component.

I am aware of that @mostapha ! I tried it but it wouldn’t work. can you please try to run it on any model on your device and confirm it works?