Assigning HVAC results in invalid model - KeyError 'HVAC'

Hey Guys,

I’m a uni student at UNSW undertaking a research project regarding Energy Simulations and the possibility of using a Pollination and Honeybee package to streamline traditional workflows. However, I’m encountering this error (see below) when attempting to run a simulation with HVAC Properties. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/honeybee_energy/properties/room.py", line 1079, in apply_properties_from_dict
    self.hvac = hvacs[abridged_data['hvac']]
KeyError: 'HVAC'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/honeybee/properties.py", line 344, in apply_properties_from_dict
    var.apply_properties_from_dict(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/honeybee_energy/properties/model.py", line 580, in apply_properties_from_dict
    schedules, constructions)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/honeybee_energy/properties/room.py", line 1081, in apply_properties_from_dict
    raise ValueError(base_e.format(abridged_data['hvac'], 'hvac'))
ValueError: Room HVAC "hvac" was not found in HVACs.
honeybee_energy.cli.simulate - ERROR - Model simulation failed.
Failed to apply energy properties to the Model: Room HVAC "hvac" was not found in HVACs.
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/honeybee_energy/properties/room.py", line 1079, in apply_properties_from_dict
    self.hvac = hvacs[abridged_data['hvac']]
KeyError: 'HVAC'

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/honeybee/properties.py", line 344, in apply_properties_from_dict
    var.apply_properties_from_dict(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/honeybee_energy/properties/model.py", line 580, in apply_properties_from_dict
    schedules, constructions)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/honeybee_energy/properties/room.py", line 1081, in apply_properties_from_dict
    raise ValueError(base_e.format(abridged_data['hvac'], 'hvac'))
ValueError: Room HVAC "hvac" was not found in HVACs.

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/honeybee_energy/cli/simulate.py", line 146, in simulate_model
    model_json = measure_compatible_model_json(model_json, folder)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/honeybee_energy/run.py", line 96, in measure_compatible_model_json
    parsed_model = Model.from_dict(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/honeybee/model.py", line 178, in from_dict
    model.properties.apply_properties_from_dict(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/honeybee/properties.py", line 349, in apply_properties_from_dict
    'Failed to apply {} properties to the Model: {}'.format(atr, e))
Exception: Failed to apply energy properties to the Model: Room HVAC "hvac" was not found in HVACs.

Hi @stefenon! I need more information here to be able to help.

• What is the version of the Revit plugin that you are using? Did you try to install the latest version?
  • How did you try to execute the simulation? Can you share the path to the job that is failing?

Thanks!

Hi @mostapha thanks for the fast response!

I was using Revit Pollination v2.35.0 however have just installed v2.39.0

I took the following steps with Default Generic Construction Set and Office Program:

Note: with the new update validate model didn’t seem to work for me (stuck on “Validating Model JSON …”)

1 Like

Thank you @stefenon for the step-by-step direction. I can recreate this error. I assigned @ksobon to this post so he can have a look.

1 Like

@mostapha I think I found the issue and was able to fix it. Pushing a new build now.

1 Like

Hi @stefenon, You can try version 2.41.1 from the announcement page. Let us know if the issue still exists.