Copying Elements from one file to another

Hi there,
I’m working on a large model, and decided to parse it by floor…

I finished fixing the first upper repeated floor, and copied it up (although I lost all of the room names, see other post). Now i’m trying to tackle the lower floors. In the right window I have the hbjson exported from revit, pretty broken, didn’t respond to any of the level set and upper/lower limits i put in.

On the left i attempted to paste the copied lower floor from the hbjson model to start working on that floor in my “working” model. When i pasted it the rooms came in, but none of the apertures, or even the aperature surfaces came along with it. I tried copying just the aperture surfaces and still no luck copying it over from the “reference” file.

Any tips appreciated!

Hi @jakechevriersg! Sorry for the delayed response. It looks like a bug. I know that we have some limitations for copy/pasting the objects between the files. @mingbo should be able to provide a better response.

Any luck solving this?
I also tried copy/pasting the geometry from 1 file to another and none of the apertures came in. Also lost the metadata, primarily the room names.

Hi @anujm1ttal, the best solution, for now, is to save the data from the first file as HBJSON and then import the HBJSON file into the new file. You should use the Export Selected option to only export the selected parts of the file.

1 Like

Sorry for the late response here, importing multiple hbjson files is already natively supported.