Duplicating schedules - settings reverted

hi @chriswmackey, hi @mingbo

I think a bug occurred when I was trying to modify the upper limit of a schedule. In fact, once I applied the change and clicked ok, and reopened again, the changes had reverted to the previous value.
Same thing happened when I duplicated the schedule.
I had to create a new one from scratch in the end.

In the example the upper limit was at 117 and I wanted to increase it, when I re-opened it, it went back to 117.

Also, when specifying the People’s load in the program, I was trying to set Sensible heat to “autocalculate”, but every time I ticked the box and applied it, and re-opened it again, sometimes the box was ticked and other times it wasn’t. There was no way for me to be sure of what was accounted, so I ended up editing the IDF manually and bypassing RhinoPlugin.

I hope this is clear enough to point out the issue, if any doubt, let me know and I’ll send more screenshots.

With kind regards,
Olivier

1 Like

Hey @olivierdambron ,

Can you share the Rhino file with the schedule? If we can recreate the issue on our end, I’m sure @mingbo could explain or push a fix. I am not able to recreate it on my end after re-opening it.

The issue with autocalculating the people latent fraction might be something else and I also can’t recreate this one. Are you sure that you are editing the same ProgramType object each time? Are you editing it through the PO_EnergyProgramTypes menu?

hi @chriswmackey

PLease find attached the Rhino file with the schedule. Since then I recreated the schedule from scratch and have been using it. I hope the error can be recreated with it.
(I’m having some issues with my RhinoPLugin Licence, so I can’t make tests at the moment).

Yes I was editing the same ProgramType object each time, not through the command line but via the RhinoPlugin program editing (I assume it launches that function).

230402 - Thermal model GLAZED EAST FACADE.3dm.zip (2.6 MB)

Hey @olivierdambron ,

I’m sorry that I still can’t seem to recreate the schedule issue.

What version of the Rhino plugin are you using? You can check this with the PO_PluginInfo command.

hi @chriswmackey

1. Regarding the upper limit:
    from your video I understand that the upper limit is in fact set by moving the graph’s line.
    if we only change the number in the box without moving the line on the graph, it will reset the number in the box after we re-open the schedule.

2. Regarding the People’s load in the program:
    Please see this video which shows the potential bug I’m encountering on the rhino model I sent you.

With kind regards,
Olivier

Thanks @olivierdambron ,

I believe that item 1. is actually the intended behavior since I think the program isn’t storing your input value. It just stores the actual assigned value and auto-resets the UI based on this. @mingbo can confirm for sure.

For the second one, that definitely looks like a but the program is not in the .zip file that you uploaded earlier in the thread and I can’t recreate the issue on my end with it. Do you have anything that you did to the model before you started recording the video? I’m wondering if there’s a duplicated program with the same ID under the hood or something.

1 Like

hi @chriswmackey

regarding the program type’s autocalculate issue, I recreated the error using a blank Rhino canvas, created a new program with simply what you see on this video.

See that once I create the program and tick “autocalculate”, I can close and open again the program by double clicking on it, “autocalculate” remains ticked. If I close and re-open it a 2nd time, then the “autocalculate” appears unticked. Very odd.

Thanks @olivierdambron ,

I was able to recreate the issue by following exactly what you did in the video. I didn’t realize that you had to open and close the ProgramType UI twice but doing so definitely results in a bug where the “Autocalculate” checkbox is reset.

@mingbo , can you recreate this on your end and possibly push a fix?

1 Like

Hi @olivierdambron and @chriswmackey thanks for reporting and testing this issue. It was indeed a bug that is related “Autocalculate” checkbox. I have looked into all “Autocalculate” checkboxes across the UI library, and it should be available in the next release.

3 Likes