How to automate the pollination instead of manually toggling the component?

Hi,
I’m struggling with the optimization based on large number of simulations. I found pollination is a good tool for parallel computing for building simulation. But I have to manually toggle the Pollinate component for each population. Is there any way to automate this process so that it can launch itself when several new models are generated?

Bests,
Ping

Hi @youknowleft!

You can right click on the component and change it to show the Pollinate button as an input.

:warning: If you are trying to submit 100s of runs in one go you should make sure that you change the component to block every submission of the runs.

I would also recommend to use a gate component and submit them all together as a single job once ready. That will make it much easier to collect the results together.

1 Like

Hi Mostapha,

Thanks for your quick reply. I find the Pollinate buttons. As your suggestion, I need to collect all the models of one population and then submit them to Pollinate component, just like what you did in the parametric study example, right?

Bests,
Ping

1 Like

Yes. But the difference in this case is that you need to push the results to the optimization algorithm and the plugins that I have seen for Grasshopper take the data one at a time instead of taking the whole population for each generation together.

Yes, I will try your suggestion. I use some external optimization algorithm which can take either individual data or population data. I’ll be careful for outputs extraction. Thanks~