Model contains no sensor grids with meshes

Hi all, I am running annual radiation analysis within the app window in Revit. Unfortunately, I am getting this error for missing grids in my model when I am choosing the option for an extruded model withi window ratio. I am wokring with the common sample Revit file. (Pollination.Revit.2022 2.108.0.0)

[File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/runtime/scriptrunner/script_runner.py”, line 561, in _run_script
self._session_state.on_script_will_rerun(rerun_data.widget_states)File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/runtime/state/safe_session_state.py”, line 72, in on_script_will_rerun
self._state.on_script_will_rerun(latest_widget_states)File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/runtime/state/session_state.py”, line 542, in on_script_will_rerun
self._call_callbacks()File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/runtime/state/session_state.py”, line 555, in _call_callbacks
self._new_widget_state.call_callback(wid)File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/streamlit/runtime/state/session_state.py”, line 276, in call_callback
callback(*args, **kwargs)File “/home/ladybugbot/app/inputs.py”, line 132, in new_model
'Model contains no sensor grids with meshes. ']

NOTE: I don’'t have this problem when I am choosing a detailed model.

1 Like

Hi @nathanaeltz,

That is a bug and you have noticed it correctly. It has been already fixed and will be included in the upcoming release.

The reason why the error happens is that the extruded mode uses the DFJSON schema which currently doesn’t support adding sensor grids. As a result, the Revit plugin ignores the sensor grids even if they have been assigned. This is also the case when someone exports the model to IES for instance.

The next release of the Revit plugin translates the DFJSON file to HBJSON and adds the sensor grids to the file before the export.

If anyone else is reading this in the future, we are also adding support for including sensor grids in the DFJSON schema.

Alright! thank you for the reply.

This bug has been fixed in the latest release of the Revit plugin.