Program freezes when using Setup Runs

Hi guys

I’m currently working on my first setup in Pollination. I am a using a setup that I have used for annual daylight simulations in LBT before, where I import geometry manually from Revit.

I’ve made a video to show the problem, but as this is my first post, I’m not allowed to share it on here. I am a trusted user on the LBT forum though :wink: So instead I’ve added a transfer link instead: https://we.tl/t-pHOLoRisOu
I’ve also attached my script and an example rhino model in the link.

As you can see in this video, generating the honeybee model and grid points runs smoothly, but when I enable the Setup Runs component, my canvas freezes. I tried leaving it as is, and it seems that the canvas unfreezes after 30 minutes or so. But obviously, this isn’t ideal at all. Any clue as to what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance
-Mark

Hi @labrosse, :wave: Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for sharing the files and a video. Very helpful!

This is because you are connecting the north geometry to the component instead of the north number or vector. Also, you are connecting a list of 8760 values to the schedule instead of creating a data collection or a CSV file.

If you hover your mouse on the inputs the descriptions should have helped you with this but let us know if we can do anything to improve that.

Try doing this and it should only take a few seconds.

Also since your model has poly-surfaces like this one which can result in several 1000s of meshes you may want to dump the results to an HBJSON file first and then connect it to the recipe.

Here is the updated file.

01_DaylightAutonomi_Pollination_MSR.gh (201.6 KB)

1 Like

Hi Mostapha

Thanks, that did the charm!

Having run a couple of runs that failed, I noticed that the Check Job Status component doesn’t tell whether a job failed or succeded. It merely states whether the simulation is running or has ended. Would it be possible to add an output to the component, informs whether a job has failed and maybe also add an error message like the HB Annual Daylight component does?