Using user inputs with white space makes the run fail

Hi,
Since i think this discussion was lost in the process of moving the pollination from the LBT discourse, i"m trying to link it here again hoping there is a “solution” or advice to the issue.
I didn’t tried again after i posted there the last status of the simulation (running forever).

Thanks,
-A.

1 Like

Hi @ayezioro, can you try it again now? I just ran it again with your input files and everything ran as expected. You can check the run here: Pollination Cloud App

I just realized that it doesn’t have a handler for Grasshopper and it only return the results files. This is something that we should address on our side so you don’t have to do the post-processing yourself.

cc: @chris

Hi @Mostapha,
I tried but no success this time either.
I saw that your run took something like 2 minutes. I canceled my job after 6-7 minutes.

I notices also that the run_id gives an error when i tried to check what is going on:

I’m assuming i’m doing something wrong then but can tell what it is.

Thanks,
-A.

Thanks @ayezioro! @antoine, can you have a quick look at this one? Can it be the Wea path again?

Hi @ayezioro, @antoine checked the logs before submitting them to Pollination and it looks like you have a user input which has a space in the name: Grid size.

This is something for us to fix and make it more flexible but for now if you just remove the white space or use a _ instead it should solve the problem. Grid sizeGrid_size

Let us know how it goes.

I knew this is something i did. Thanks @mostapha and @antoine.
Now i see results and this is great. I can move on.
Something to report that is not fully consistent: I removed the white space in the input of the User Inputs component. But the output was still showing the name with the space. At first i didn’t notice and sent the simulation. Needed to cancel it. Then i disabled/enable the component and it worked. Why is not consistent? Because i inserted another User Inputs component and this one does the update on the name as expected.

Thanks again!!
-A.

This is a question for @Mingbo! Most likely we’re missing triggering a new event when you rename the input for the component.

I just added checks for invalid input names, it will be available in next release.
2021-04-29-21-43-24

Inputs without real data connected won’t be checked, since it won’t be collected. But it will complain if there is a data added.
2021-04-29-21-47-34

1 Like

Thank you @Mingbo !!
God is in the details …
-A.