Wind load affect on energy simulation results

Hi Mostapha,

Does this model incorporate wind load of the particular area?

Regards,
Pradipta

Hi @pradipta,

I need a better explanation here to be able to help. Can you give us more context about what are you trying to do? And what do you mean by the wind load of the particular area?

Hi Mostapha,

I have prepared a model of multi use housing where at the time of simulation, I have incorporated the ddy and epw file for the required location. I want to be confirmed whether these weather files take care of the wind effect of that location or not. As I am also preparing a paper I need to specify whether my energy model is incorporating the effects of the wind over the model or not.

Thanks,
Pradipta

Mostapha,

I have another question, is there any library for which I can get the details of each preset tools that pollination using. For example, in pollination Ideal air system id used in HVAC system. Where can I get the definition and details of the ideal air system.

Thanks,
Pradipta

Hi @pradipta,

Pollination uses EnergyPlus under the hood. For all your specific questions, you should refer to EnergyPlus documentation. That will help you understand how things work.

You can probably also learn a lot by watching this course. It walks you through the basics. I know it uses the Grasshopper plugin instead of Rhino but the logic is the same and so is the engine that is used for running the studies.

There is also this video series that are using the Rhino plugin and cover similar topics:

In the Pollination Rhino plugin, you can use Ideal Air Load or other HVAC systems from the templates. For all of them, if you click the Edit button in the HVAC Manager you can see the assumptions.

Another way is to save the model to an IDF file and check the IDF file. That way you can see all the assumptions that go to EnergyPlus.

Mostapha, Thanks a lot for your help.