Comparing the annual daylight results against the enhanced option

Hi all,

Out of my curiosity, I wanted to compare the result of annual daylight recipe with annual daylight enhanced component and below shows the result of UDI (left is daylight recipe and right indicates the result of annual daylight enhanced component):

The pattern is similar except for the midrange of the UDI.

And here is the result of DA (left is daylight recipe and right one is the result of annual daylight enhanced component):

Again, The pattern is similar except for the midrange of the DA.

I used the same input for both analysis and wanted to double check what could make this difference. Any idea how to check it out?

I would appreciate you to help me figure it out.

Thanks,

Hi @mahagh,

Thanks for sharing this. I am not surprised that annual-daylight shows higher values than annual-daylight-enhanced, but the difference in your results is larger than expected compared to the models I have tested. Are you able to share the model? You can share it in a PM, and I will take a look.

Hi @mahagh,

I ran a test for one grid. I get different results. The lower one is annual-daylight and the upper one is annual-daylight-enhanced.

Here is DA:

Here is UDI:

Are you sure that the inputs are the same, and you are visualizing the right metrics? Can you compare the actual values of DA / UDI from the recipe outputs?

Thanks @mikkel, I reviewed all the inputs again and found the issue. It was the weather link issue! I did not notice it at all, I appreciate your help to find it.

Here shows the DA results now:

Regards,

1 Like

Another reason that we should provide a project-based location. That way you only need to set it once correctly.