How to download result-folder

Is there any way to download the result-folder after the simulation completes on the cloud?

The folder includes many files. Each file in the folder can be downlloaded by right-click, but the folder itself cannot be downloaded. Do I need to download each file one by one?

Hi @keigonomura.

From my experience, you can also use your page on app.pollination.cloud to quickly visualize/download results for cloud simulations. I usually go there to get output files. However, I’m not aware if there is a way to download the entire result folders at once.

Thanks,
Levent

Hi @keigonomura, this is a good question, and it is coming at the right time since we are adding components to the Grasshopper plugin to help with downloading the artifacts (files and folders) from the project.

For the recipe outputs, you can download all of them with a single click regardless of whether they are files or folders. For the files and folders that are generated during the simulation but are not exposed as outputs, we don’t have an eloquent solution for downloading folders. The main reason for not supporting it is that the folders can get very large, and providing a service to successfully zip and download them is not a trivial task.

Here are a couple of solutions that I can think of besides downloading the files one by one. Let me know what you think about them, and we can support you as needed.

1. Support downloading the folders from inside the Grasshopper interface. We will iterate through all the files and download them one by one.

2. Provide a Python script that does the same. You will need to create an API key to be able to run the script.

3. Write an app that uses the Python script to download all the files, and zip them and hoping that memory will not be an issue.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Missing in.osm file from the local run

@mostapha Thanks for your reply.

The main reason for not supporting it is that the folders can get very large, and providing a service to successfully zip and download them is not a trivial task.

I see.

Among the three options above, I prefer the option 1, but it’s not an urgent and important request. Just wondering if I was missing how to download the folder at once.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification! I will keep you posted about our progress.

Hi @keigonomura,

The latest version of the Grasshopper plugin has a component that allows you to List Run Artifacts. You can then use the Load Assets component to download those files locally. Here is an example:

2 Likes