Managing asymmetrical layers on walls in large projects

In the case of asymmetrical layers on walls in very large projects, as it is not feasible to select all surfaces one by one, is there any simplified way to solve this problem? Because if all internal surfaces were selected, the command would duplicate the layers twice. In our day-to-day work, this would be completely unproductive, as we frequently work on large-scale projects.

Hi @tatiifr,

Can you provide a bit more explanation about your process, and how you prepare the model. I agree with you that selecting the faces one by one is not going to be practical for larger models. I want to understand if we can avoid getting into an undesired result from the start.

I know @mingbo had to deal with a similar scenario in a medium sized model with many rooms, and he developed some automated workflows for that project.

Our modeling process consists of using the rhinoceros drawing tools, we generally import the project’s floor plans into the rhino, we draw grids with the pollination PO_GenAlignGrid and from there we use the Extrude Closed planar curve command to form the blocks. Then, we turn the blocks into thermal zones with pollination. Would you like to know any additional information about the modeling process?

Hi @tatiifr ,

Are you talking about the Validation Error for “Mismatched Adjacent Constructions” as described here in the Pollination docs?

If so, the workflow that you described there is not enough to cause this error to arise. Are you solving adjacencies at some point? Or are you assigning a construction set anywhere? If so, those are the steps in your workflow where we could help you avoid encountering this Validation Error.

1 Like