PO_SolveAdjacency generates duplicate Face Names

I created three cubic rooms by Add Rooms > Draw a Room. Room 3 is on Room 1 and Room 2.

When I run PO_SolveAdjacency, the ceilings of Room 1 and Room 2 (Face 1) and the roof of Room 3 (Face 2) are intersected into smaller pieses of Faces, but the Name of the new Faces are not Face 7, but the same Name as the Name before intersected.

Is there any way to automatically assign new (non-duplicate) Names to intersescted new Faces?
The IDs of the New Faces are unique.

Hi @keigonomura,

This is by design. Since we don’t use the display names directly, we don’t rename them. I know that you are concerned about this because you want to export the display names to IDF/OSM files.

We should be able to add a command to rename duplicate face names in a room for you, but I feel we need to come up with a better global strategy. It doesn’t feel right for you to be concerned about this issue at every level.

It feels like you we should start thinking to help you with a routine that does all the renaming for you based on a logic instead of trying to rename everything in many different places. Your requirement is to export an IDF/OSM file from Pollination with human readable names for identifiers.

@mostapha Thank you for your reply.

Your requirement is to export an IDF/OSM file from Pollination with human readable names for identifiers.

Yes, but please don’t think all of my recent posts are my strong requests. I’m just reviewing Pollination and trying to clarify what Pollination can and cannot do.

Thank you! I figured. I sent you a separate message to better understand the priorities.