Pollination/honeybee error when exporting as .gbxml

Hey all,

I am trying to export just a default test/template file in Rhino as .gbxml to test the pollination tool. A user needs to do this on a working file, but I get this error below. Not sure what to do, I’ve tried reinstalling Pollination.

2022-11-01 13:36:38,019 - honeybee_energy.cli.translate - ERROR - Model translation failed.
'rooms'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\ladybug_tools\python\lib\site-packages\honeybee_energy\cli\translate.py", line 236, in model_to_gbxml
    triangulate_sub_faces=tri_sub)
  File "C:\Program Files\ladybug_tools\python\lib\site-packages\honeybee_energy\run.py", line 127, in measure_compatible_model_json
    parsed_model.properties.energy.add_autocal_properties_to_dict(model_dict)
  File "C:\Program Files\ladybug_tools\python\lib\site-packages\honeybee_energy\properties\model.py", line 1018, in add_autocal_properties_to_dict
    for room, room_dict in zip(self.host.rooms, data['rooms']):
KeyError: 'rooms'
2022-11-01 13:37:27,307 - honeybee_energy.cli.translate - ERROR - Model translation failed.
'rooms'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\ladybug_tools\python\lib\site-packages\honeybee_energy\cli\translate.py", line 236, in model_to_gbxml
    triangulate_sub_faces=tri_sub)
  File "C:\Program Files\ladybug_tools\python\lib\site-packages\honeybee_energy\run.py", line 127, in measure_compatible_model_json
    parsed_model.properties.energy.add_autocal_properties_to_dict(model_dict)
  File "C:\Program Files\ladybug_tools\python\lib\site-packages\honeybee_energy\properties\model.py", line 1018, in add_autocal_properties_to_dict
    for room, room_dict in zip(self.host.rooms, data['rooms']):
KeyError: 'rooms'

Hi @cbutler - does your model have any rooms? It looks like the translation is failing because there are no rooms in your model.

If that’s not the case, then can you share your model with us?

We should support exporting models with no rooms to gbXML. See above!

Yep, @mostapha is correct that is almost certainly the reason why the model cannot be translated. Is there some reason why you are trying to export a gbXML like this? Are you trying to combine it with some other gbXMl that has the rooms in it?

Ah, sorry. It’s taking me some time to get used to this new format for sub-comments.

The request makes sense and I just made a tweak so that Models without Rooms can be exported to gbXML:

And I can now export models that consist entirely of Shades to gbXML: