Pollination Rhino Installer for Rhino 8

Hi all. I tried installing Ladybug tools with pollination installer for Rhino 8 and I could see only pollination panel in rhino and grasshopper. No Ladybug plugins was seen on Grasshopper interface. Is the installer ready for Rhino 8 or shall have to wait for future update?

Hi @asisnath,

The installer currently doesn’t support Rhino 8. There are some incompatibilities to be addressed for both the Ladybug Tools plugins and the Rhino plugin in the next few weeks before we can officially support Rhino 8. The McNeel team has been very supportive in the process, and we should be able to resolve all these issues relatively quickly.

2 Likes

Hello again! Any update on the installer for rhino 8?

Any update on Rhino 8 compatibility? I’m using a trial license to test it on a project and was hoping to use Pollination.

Hi @asisnath and @crduggin,

We have completed 2 out of the 3 steps. The core libraries are compatible with Rhino 8, and the panel should also work. @mingbo will look into fixing some of the Rhino plugin commands (like solve adjacency) that we know are incompatible right now. We should have an update for you at some point next week.

1 Like