Process overview for writing new 'Recipes' and using them

Hi all, I am just looking at the recipe here:

And I am thinking, I don’t really have an understanding of the process of creating and using a recipe, assumably we build the equivalent to entry.py, where the inputs and outputs are defined as well as the tasks it needs to do to get there.

But then, how do I get that into the pollination cloud?

Also, I am writing in an IDE and have pollination_sdk installed, but calling pollination.ladybug throws no module pollination.ladybug is there a different package I need to run or will that only work in the pollination cloud?

Sorry if these are ultra novice questions, for context, I am trying to start integrating CFD results into the UTCI calculation, starting by converting 16 direction results to continuous hourly data, I have a python script that does 300k points in about 15 mins and would like to do that in pollination, this includes using EPW and CFD results to produce a list of LB hourly continuous wind speeds.

Best,
Darren

I found this page somewhat helpful mind:

Hi @dlynch, great question. I’ll write a longer post and summarize the steps. We can help you with the process of putting this one together.

3 Likes

Ok, thank you @Mostapha that would be helpful. I do already have a python script that works (I suppose I could share a drive link). I’ll wait for the summary and go from there :slight_smile: appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @dlynch, apologies that it took me so long but I finally have a first version for you:

I hope this is good enough to get you started. If you can list the commands as explained here I will be happy to help with putting together some sample code for Functions and the Recipe itself. Let me know if you have any other questions.

3 Likes

Hi @Mostapha, no need to apologize, I completely understand why this took a while, it is very helpful and I am now working through it, very much appreciated!

Best,
Darren

1 Like

Hey, @Mostapha I think this sentence stops a bit abruptly, assume unintentionally:

‘The first step is to prepare the list of commands that you want to execute from the command line. The output of each command should be stored in a file that will be’

Just so you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know. I just fixed it! :pray:

1 Like