pyRevit conflict with latest pollination Revit plugin

Hi :wave: I was wondering if anyone here experienced any issues with pyRevit breaking with the latest pollination Revit plugin. See my related issue posted on the pyRevit forums here. Cheers, Guus

Hi @guusg, :wave:

This is the first time I’m hearing about this issue. Maybe @eirannejad can help.

If I have to guess it has to do something with the version of the IronPython. Do you know what version is used by PyRevit?

Hi @mostapha pyRevit can run with these IronPython engines, but only tested with 2.7.10. Not sure if others would cause the same issue.

Hi @guusg, I uploaded a new installer here that uses IronPython 3.4. Let me know if this solves the problem. Cheers!

Thanks @mostapha but I am getting this warning. Any idea? Might have to do with corporate restrictions on our machines.

Hmm. Did you right click and unblock the installer? If you were able to install the previous version, you should be able to install this one.

Hi @guusg, can you give me an update on this? Did the new release fix the issue? You can also try to download the latest public release which already has the change for the version of IronPython.

Yes seems to work fine now! Thanks

1 Like

@mostapha FYI we had user with similar conflict issues Error When Reloading (Stream Not Writable) · Issue #2089 · eirannejad/pyRevit · GitHub

Ah! That’s unfortunate. Thank you for keeping us in the loop, @guusg.

@ksobon and @eirannejad we should get to the bottom of this issue at some point.