The file writing plug-in failed error in converting 3dm to hbjson

Hi,

I have issue in converting the 3dm to hbjson format and get this error: “The file writing plug-in failed”. Any idea what the issue is? Could it be because of my free trial version of Pollination that I have on my system?

Thanks,

Hi @mahagh,

Welcome to the forum!

Can you provide more context? From the error message I imagine you are using the Rhino plugin.

1. How does the model look like?
  2. Did you make sure that the model is valid?

Thanks @mostapha,

From the error message I imagine you are using the Rhino plugin.

Yes, I am using Rhino plugin.

1. How does the model look like?

I am attaching a screenshot of the model here:

1. Did you make sure that the model is valid?

Yes, I got the validation confirmation message.

Thanks,

Thank you for the information, @mahagh. This should not be happening. This model is very simple. I can’t see why it might be failing to translate.

1. Do you get any additional information about why it fails?
  2. Is it possible for you to share the model with us privately? You can share it via a private message on Discourse.
  1. Do you get any additional information about why it fails?

No, just an error message popped up like this:

1. Is it possible for you to share the model with us privately? You can share it via a private message on Discourse.

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, I do not have the option of encrypted message here on my side.

Hi @mahagh - Thank you for sharing your model. The error is happening because you haven’t created any rooms.

We should probably improve the error message to make it easier to understand the issue. In any case, this page should get you started:

Assuming you are trying to create an energy model you need to create rooms from closed breps, add the apertures, and continue adding metadata to your model. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Trial License Error