Unable to complete energy simulation locally and on the cloud

I successfully modelled a valid model.
Capture14

I’d like to run energy simulation.
I tried to follow this tutorial.

Issue 1: I uploaded ddy and epw files, but “No matching items” on the cloud. Does anyone know why?

So, I have to use ddy and epw files on the local folder for now.

Issue 2: I can select either my HBJSON file in the local folder or “Get Model”. In both options, I get the following error and the simulation does not start when I select “Cloud” for Configure Run. Does this mean that cloud is not an option for personal accounts?

Issue 3: When I select a local run folder alternatively and click “Create Study”, the simulation seems to start runnig.

However, the following loading page continues for hours and the simulation does not complete. The model is not large and the simulation should complete in ten minutes. Any idf file is created on the run folder. How can I complete energy simulation?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi @keigonomura.

As a good practice, I would keep an eye on error and logs file to understand what might be going on with your simulation.

You can find them here on your system.
C:\Users\xx\simulation\customenergysimstudy\customenergysimstudy_logs_

Levent

Hi @keigonomura,

Sorry for the issues, and thank you for the detailed documentation of your questions. Appreciate it!

Hmm. I’m not sure if I follow your comment here. I can see them in the screenshot that you posted. They are also visible on the web here.

Did you try to click and search in the menu? If you uploaded the files after opening the recipe, you might need to refresh the page so the recipe picks up the latest files from the project.

You should be able to run the studies on the cloud. Something else should be going on. I see that you have already activated the debug mode. Can you right-click inside the panel, select inspect, and then go to the console tab and try running the study? Do you see any error messages?

I tried running a test simulation with your weather files, and it ran successfully.

I suspect changing the weather files to the one that you have uploaded to the cloud should solve the issue unless there is an issue with your model which is unlikely.

I’m not sure why this might be happening. I imagine you have already tried to refresh the page. Once we see the errors from the debug model, it will be easier to help.

We can also set up a call and try to debug it together. Because of the timezone difference, it will be your early morning or late night. Let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:

One more question. If you click on the Local Studies tab do you see the local studies? Or does it get stuck?

I wonder if this is a DLL conflict issue for the SQL library. Can you tell me the version of Rhino, and the version of the Rhino plugin that you are using?

@hlkocalioglu Thanks for your advice.
My folder does not have logs. I think my simulation does not even start.

Yes. You are correct. It copies the input files to the folder, but it fails to start the simulation. I wonder if the pollination endpoints are blocked by the network that causes this issue. Hopefully, you can see some error messages when you try to run the simulation in debug mode.

@mostapha Thank you for responding to each issue.

Did you try to click and search in the menu? If you uploaded the files after opening the recipe, you might need to refresh the page so the recipe picks up the latest files from the project.

I searched full or part of the file name, but “No matching items”.

I tried refreshing the page, but the situation remains the same.

You should be able to run the studies on the cloud. Something else should be going on. I see that you have already activated the debug mode. Can you right-click inside the panel, select inspect, and then go to the console tab and try running the study? Do you see any error messages?

After I failed to run simulation on the cloud, the console tab showed the following errors.

I’m not sure why this might be happening. I imagine you have already tried to refresh the page. Once we see the errors from the debug model, it will be easier to help.

While I’m running the simulation in the local folder , the console tab shows the folloiwng messages

One more question. If you click on the Local Studies tab do you see the local studies? Or does it get stuck?

I tried to run simulation on Studies tab even though in the local folder. While I’m running the simulation in the local folder, Local Studies tab shows no data.

Can you tell me the version of Rhino, and the version of the Rhino plugin that you are using?

I installed plugins_release_PollinationRHGHInstaller-1.40.2.exe.

Both options did not work well through Rhino Pollination Panel. However, when I tried running simulation through the web browser (Google Chrome) instead of Rhino Pollination Panel, the simulation completed successfully!

It’s not a fundamental solution, but it’s ok for now.

1 Like

@mostapha

I added new tabs on the Rhino Pollination Panel, and the simulation completed successfully both in the local folder and on the cloud!

The remaining issue is that I still cannot select ddy and epw files on the cloud.

Thank you, @keigonomura for the detailed reply! It helps us to be able to help you effectively. We should promote your style as an example. :smiley:

Glad that creating a new tab helped with resolving the issue, but hopefully @antonellodinunzio can have a look, and better understand the reason behind the issue. I haven’t been able to recreate the issue on my end.

For the issue with the dropdown, this image shows the issue.

@antonellodinunzio, do you know why the label attribute issue might be happening?

We should also keep an eye out for the warning message for reading the cookies.

Hi Antonello! See this message: Unable to complete energy simulation locally and on the cloud - #8 by mostapha - There is something strange about the dropdown that blocks showing the files in the project.

@keigonomura, we were able to locate the issue with the dropdown and pushed a fix. Can you give it a try again and see if the issue has been resolved? Thanks!

@mostapha Now I can select ddy and epw files which I uploaded on the cloud. Thank you so much!