Using Pollination for demonstrating WELL compliance

@mikkel we are also looking to use Pollination for demonstrating WELL compliance. I appreciate the idea to provide recipe inputs but hardcode to zero credits.

Would it be easier to clone the daylight-option-one recipe, modify hardcoded thresholds but do not expose them, and issue a WELL v2 L01 recipe?

Within grasshopper (and running the recipe locally) am I able to modify the script with the WELL values?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @adaversa (and @jroberts),

Please forget what I said above about exposing extra inputs to leed-daylight-option-one and hardcoding the credits if you change the thresholds.

The better solution is to create a new recipe tailored to WELL (v2 L01). As far as I can tell, the procedure is the same as leed-daylight-option-one, the only difference being the thresholds, or you can choose Annex A of CEN 17037:2018. We already have the post-processing for both of these so it is just a matter of putting together a new recipe using parts from existing recipes.

No, that is not possible.

2 Likes

Hi @mikkel,

That sounds like a good and reasonably pain-free solution!
Note that WELL L01 is a precondition, but there are also optimisation credits available under L06, but this uses sDA_300/50%, so we could just use the leed-daylight-one recipe for this, or this part of that recipe could be copied and pasted into the new WELL recipe for L01 and L06? Not sure what the cleanest solution is.

Thank you!