Export to IDA ICE fails

Greetings,

I am testing the IDA ICE export with the Revit 2023 Basic_sample_project. Following the tutorial from the announcement:

Upon exporting the .idm model the export fails:

Where can i find the “log file”? It is not in the exported folder.

Best regards,
Tobias

Hi @tk1, You can find the path to the logs file by clicking on the About button in the menu.

The active log file from Revit can be found at %appdata%\Pollination\logs\Debug.log. The previous logs are backed up for each day.

Now going back to the issue here, can you export the model as an HBJSON and share it with us? I’m curious to know what might be happening. I have no issues exporting the sample file.

@tk1 - I released a new version of the Revit plugin v2.162.3 since I realized we have introduced a rounding bug to the IDA-ICE exporter in the latest release. It is unlikely that it resolves your current issue, but I strongly recommend update both Rhino and Revit plugins before continuing your test for exporting the models to IDA-ICE.

Thank you for testing @mostapha.

Downloaded the latest version, still not working unfortunately. This is my model:

RAC_basic_sample_project.hbjson (251.6 KB)

Thank you for sharing the model, @tk1! I opened your model in Rhino and then exported it to IDM with no issues. It uses the same command as the one for Revit.

Here is the IDM file.

RAC_basic_sample_project.idm (19.4 KB)

1. Is it possible for you to do the same using the Rhino plugin? That will tell us if the issue is limited to Revit or is it something more generic about your system.
  2. Did you get a chance to check the logs? Can you share the logs with us? If that doesn’t help, we can set up a call and debug it together. Hopefully, the logs will help us find the issue on your end.

Thanks!

Thank you @mostapha. It works when importing to Rhino and then exporting to Idm.

Looks like it could be an issue with the Wall thickness:

Text string "0,4" could not be decoded into a distance and a unit.
Make sure your units are one of the following: m mm ft in cm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\POLLIN~1\python\lib\site-packages\honeybee\units.py", line 66, in parse_distance_string
    return float(distance_string)
ValueError: could not convert string to float: '0,4'

It is set to dot (“.”) int the software. But my system might be using comma for separation?

1 Like

Excellent! Now we know what’s going on. @ksobon, is there a way to enforce the separator to always be a dot?

@tk1, I sent you a private message with a link to a new installer that should resolve this issue. Give it a try and let us know how it goes. Cheers!

It works @mostapha! Thanks for swift update and followup, much appreciated! Will be testing the export and keep you guys posted.

2 Likes

Hello @mostapha , I am also trying to export from Rhino to idm with using Pollination plug in, but I also got the issue same like ‘0,4’. See the attachment. Please provide a solution for it.

Hi @karan7495! Thank you for reporting this. I was not expecting to see the same issue in Rhino too. I pushed a fix in the core libraries to handle this case. I will let you know once we have a new release of the Rhino plugin.

1 Like

Hi @mostapha! Thank you so much for your response.