Simulation Run Stuck in Rhino Plugin

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to run simulations on the Rhino plugin locally, but the process keeps getting stuck. I’m confident it’s not a model issue because I validated it and also tested it with a simple room with one window, and the problem persists. The local folders for the simulation are created, but the run never completes.

I suspect it might be related to a company IT restriction, especially since no one has used this setup recently after the pollination panel was released. However, company IT doesn’t know what could be causing the issue. There are no error messages; the run just never finishes.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @gabbkrebs,

Can you share a screenshot of the run? Are you running an energy simulation? It is most likely the issue with EnergyPlus not reporting the progress as it used to. Is this similar to what you see?

What is most likely happening is that the simulation is running but you don’t see the progress until it ends. We should create a new release of the recipe to fix this issue.

Hi Mostapha,

Thank you for your prompt response. I’ve tried running various recipes, including Annual Daylight and Daylight Factor. However, after letting it run for over three hours (The daylight factor one), it doesn’t seem to be processing at all. The Windows Task Manager shows no significant activity in terms of process and performance.

Now, when I attempted to take a screenshot of the stuck page, it seemed to make some progress but still did not complete the task, and I received a failure message for the first time. Please see image below.

1 Like

Thank you, @gabbkrebs! In that case, this is a different issue and most likely related to the executor being blocked.

Can you click on the debug icon and see if there is a log file?

In case there is one, it will be helpful to see the content.

Let me know if there is anything that we can do to help resolve this on your office computers.

Hi Mostapha, unfortunately, the debug icon does not generate a log or redirect me to anything. Do you still think it could be the executor being blocked? How can I fix it? Could you guide me on this? Thank you!

1 Like